Friday 16 January 2015

Liebster Award

Hello!

So I have been nominated by the lovely Liz @ Literally Liz to take part in the Liebster Award! I have previously seen a few of these but never realised how accessible my brand-spanking new blog is or that someone would link to it! So firstly, thank you Liz for acknowledging me. I think it's such a cool way to find and connect to other blogs so here goes mine.

Continuing on from Liz's post, the rules are:
1. Link to the person who nominated you (see above).
2. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via their social-media/blogs.

The questions given to me by Liz are:
1. What made you start blogging?
If anyone has read my first post you will know I have been advised by university to begin one to help develop my personal writing style (I am studying journalism) - I will also have to hand in posts to be assessed so actual users' feedback would be very kind! I have been reading blogs for a couple of years; I haven't consistently stuck or followed any particular one person or page but always find them useful if I'm in need of new beauty items, craft ideas, a recipe or some good procrastination material!! Besides tutors suggesting it, I've wanted to create one myself as a sort of diary / expression page, and it's enjoyable to write about things you're passionate about!

2. What is a skill you don't have, but really wish you did?
I would love to able to be more flexible than I am (can this be classed as a skill?). I have been a dancer my entire life but due to starting out in very mediocre standard schools - mainly for fun! - I was never pushed to practice stretching. It wasn't until a bit later on, when my muscles would struggle moreso than if I were younger, that I began to realise how important it was to do so and how much better I would look as a bendy wendy dancer. I am proud of how well I've managed to train myself but I'd love to be able to push myself further!

3. What is your favourite quality about yourself (either looks-wise or personality-wise)?
I honestly really love that I can take a joke. I'm hoping this doesn't sound pretentious or pig-headed. I don't take a lot of things seriously; sometimes for ease but sometimes just because I can. Humour is the best medicine. 

4. What is your favourite makeup brand?
At the minute I'm loving Illamasqua. Their products stay in place all day and the colours of everything are always fab. Gold stars.

5. What song are you embarrassed to have on your playlist?
I've got a couple Robbie Williams numbers on there *hides face*.

6. Have you stuck with your New Years' Resolutions thus far?
For purposes of publishing on the internet I will paraphrase my resolution into 'be better than I was in 2014'. 16 days in and I can safely say I'm doing well! It sounds easy but I'm slowly trying to improve a number of things about myself: the usual boring eat better / exercise more (which are actually happening eeee!), but also small things like give my friends more compliments, post less of my life on social-media, try not to let silly things get to me and complain less about them etc etc. I'm looking at it as an umbrella term in which there are simple changes that should be very achievable. Having a more positive outlook means I'm enjoying everything a lot more at the minute and so far I've had a very wonderful start to 2015. I hope to accomplish lots more!

7. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and how long have you had them?
I currently rent my house so me and my uni pals have no pets here *cries*. At my family home up north we have two cats; one named Fidget  who we've had for about 18 months and Oreo who we've had for about six. They are my babies and I miss them as much as my family!

8. What is your favourite show to binge-watch on Netflix?
At the minute I'm loving the US Kitchen Nightmares. It basically repeats the same thing every ep but with a different owner/location, but I just can't get enough!

9. What is one thing people who know you would be surprised to find out about you?
Perhaps that I have this blog - so far I haven't shared it on any social-media, I want to get a few more posts going and a theme I am happy with established before I let judging eyes pry!

10. Macbook or PC?
I have a PC but currently trying to save up for a Macbook!

11. What is your favourite place you've ever been on vacation?
Tenerife with my family two years ago was fabulous. I could be anywhere; give me a pool, sun and a cocktail and I am a happy bunny.

The 11 bloggers I am nominating are:
1. Jasmine @ http://jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/
2. Shannen @ http://shannenheartzs.com/
3. Rachill @ https://sweetsomethingsnz.wordpress.com/
4. Issy @ http://missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk/
5. Catriona @ http://catrionalauder.blogspot.co.uk/
6. Phee @ http://www.pheesmakeuptips.com/
7. Vivi @ http://vvln.blogspot.com.au/
8. Victoria-Jane @ http://victoriajanefashion.blogspot.co.uk/
9. Ellie @ http://whatthael.blogspot.co.uk/
10. Anon @ http://whenshewrites-theblog.blogspot.co.uk/
11. Chelsea @ http://chedsneh.blogspot.co.uk/

And their questions are:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite memory?
3. Who inspires you?
4. Where would be your ideal first date?
5. What is your favourite book?
6. What is your favourite high street shop?
7. Do you have a favourite blog post you have written or are most proud of?
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
9. What is something that really gets on your nerves?
10. Do you have a favourite blog/blogger?
11. What is something you are proud of?

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post. I can't wait to read everyone's answers!

Emma x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about my resolutions for this year! Post less of my life on social media is definitely a big one. I actually took a social media cleanse because I felt I was so addicted! Good luck with your studies in university!!

    xoLiz

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha love the answers! (nobody can resist a little bit of Robbie Williams once in a while) Thanks so much for the nomination but I just recently did a liebster award post but I will mention you on my blog!
    Tosin - http://whenshewrites-theblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination!

    www.chedsneh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy